Liberty Lawn and Landscape New Braunfels has helped many business and home owners improve the look and beauty of their properties. Lawn weeds are one of the biggest problems faced by home and business owners. Usually, these plants invade and take over the garden and lawn thereby choking out other garden plants and competing for valuable nutrients. Furthermore, they make the garden unsightly. If you are an homeowner, you should look for a trusted New Braunfels weed control professional who will help in eliminating these weeds from your lawn before they spread all over the lawn space.
Weeds tend to grow and spread at a very terrific pace and if they are not controlled or destroyed it can become a big challenge.
How do you Identify Lawn Weeds?
Most homeowners find it quite difficult to identify and determine whether a given plant is a weed or not. If you can’t identify weeds, then you will not be able to eliminate them. There are several signs that you can look for and you’ll spot lawn weeds.
- Weeds tend to grow and sprout up in places where other garden plants are struggling to grow. They can often be identified on the foundation of buildings, in pathway and sidewalk cracks, and other areas where there is little access to water and sunlight.
- Unlike garden plants, weeds tend to be tougher and thicker. Compared to normal lawn grass, weeds have thicker stems that appear straw-like.
- Typical lawn grass is usually slightly darker green compared to weeds. Weeds tend to be lighter and slightly off-color compared to garden plants.
- The growth patterns and textures of weeds are usually different in the stems and leaves.
It is not an easy task to eliminate something that is durable and adaptive. This is the exact traits of weeds. However, weed control can be achieved through:
- Chemical treatment using herbicides. Compared to manual weeding, chemical treatment is less labor-intensive and relatively easy. Herbicides can be dangerous and harmful if not handled with great care.
- The mechanical method which involves either mowing, plowing, picking, or pulling. This method is environmentally friendly though labor intensive.
- Biological control using certain organisms such as bacteria, grazing animals, fungi, and insects.
Our experts at Liberty Lawn and Landscaping New Braunfels can help you decide the right method to control your weeds. However, our preferred method is to do preventative treatments & stop these weeds from sprouting up and becoming a problem. We are the best professionals for your New Braunfels Weed Control project.
Contact us today at 830-629-5296 for a free quote.